Friday, July 25, 2008

Our Family's California Adventure!!! July 12th-19th:
We spent last week in Newport, California and had the TIME OF OUR LIVES! Our family went with Steve's Brothers family- Scott, Katy & their 3 girls! That's right, we had 5 little GIRLS... 5 cute GIRLY GIRLS! Let's just say we got quite a few crazy looks, & people would stop and ask- "are they all yours?" Ha ha, I guess you get that outside of Utah!
We drove the first day to Las Vegas, and stayed in the EXCALIBUR Hotel, or as the girls called it: The "PRINCESS CASTLE"! They thought that was pretty cool. We walked down the strip & checked a few things out.

The next day we drove to newport, where we had the nicest, most enjoyable vacation EVER!...

NEWPORT BEACH:
This was Rylee & Milly's first time to play on the Beach! Rylee thought the waves that washed up on the shore were hilareous! She would run, screaming & laughing every time a new wave came and sunk her feet into the sand. So funny. She also loved jumping over "BIG WAVES" in the water with Steve.
Milly was not a big fan at first, she was a little taken back by the cold water. Once she warmed up to it, she enjoyed it. She splashed in the water, ate the seaweed, and rolled in the sand like a snickerdoodle!
BEACH BABY:
NAPS ON THE BEACH:
Cousins on the BEACH!
Abby, Anna, Happy Rylee, Eliza & Milly:

DISNEYLAND:
Disneyland was AWESOME!!! I don't know who was more excited- Me or the kids? It is such a Magical place! Rylee will tell you ALL about it: "I saw Cinderella's Castle at Diney-wan" and "held Snow White's Hand" and "I wide the Teacups"!
Amelia loved the rides as much as Rylee... The teacups were the best & funnest ride that everyone had a blast on. Rylee hates the scary Pinocchio ride- it's worse than the freaky Haunted Mansion in Lagoon? It was the only one that made her cry:( But the crazy Matterhorn roller coaster didn't scare her a bit.. she still managed to keep her arms up over her head! (is that legal?) Milly's favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean- she was wide eyed the entire time! Rylee was still traumatized from Pinocchio, and kept her ears plugged the whole ride:)

Princesses at the Princes Castle:
(or as Ry calls it "Cinderella's Castle")
*RYLEE's *DREAMS* CAME TRUE* AS SHE *DANCED* WITH *SNOW WHITE*...
*This picture doesn't do the story justice... but this was the Highlight of the entire trip! So, Rylee was wearing a Snow White dress at the Princess ball, where the Princesses were teaching all the little girls how to dance. Rylee was enjoying watching the princesses on stage. She danced around, then it was time to do a ribbon carousel. Rylee was picking a ribbon to hold, when all of a sudden snow white comes from off the stage, takes Ry's hand, and dances around holding her hand!!! Honestly, it was THE MOMENT! I was all emotional as I watched Rylee just in shock as this REAL PRINCESS was holding HER hand! She just kept looking up at her, then at me, saying: "mommy, that's ME!" pointing to Snow White!!!

DISNEY's PARADE OF DREAMS:
I wish you could have all seen Ry's face at the parade- she was just blown away that all these Disney character were right in front of her! She clapped, waved and blew kisses to all the princess. Every time a princess waved back, she'd wave even harder and her eyes would get HUGE, as she'd say "HI BELLE, HI BELLE"... So darling!

PICTURE WITH MINNIE MOUSE:
Rylee also got this princess autograph book that she was REALLY into! She may, or may not have been the only princess who actually signed it that day:)
And of course, you can't leave disneyland without your very own mickey mouse hat with your name on it!

Well, that was our fun trip to California! GOOD TIMES:)

9 comments:

Becky said...

Jamie, Great blog entry. Your whole blog is amazing! I know it takes tons of time to put them together. It was great to see how much fun you guys had. I loved seeing the little princesses at the happiest place on earth. The beach rules! Thanks for sharing!
Love, Becky

Jaimie said...

Jame those pictures are awesome! I am surprised Rylee liked Disneyland so much...I guess I won't have to wait so long to take Creed :). Looks like you guys had a blast even though I am sure you guys missed us the whole time and wanted to cry. LOL

The Johnson Fam said...

Hi Jamie.

It looks like you guys had a fun trip to the happiest place on earth. Your little girls would get along great with Sadie and their love for the disney princesses. We went there in March and it was great. I am glad to see you guys doing well. Take care.

Cheese

Souli & Ashley said...

Looks like fun. Your family is like ours only opposite. Ours is always all boys. My new little girl will be the odd ball. I'm so jeolous. We want to make a trip there soon.

Shae said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love Newport Beach...we went a couple of years ago when Micah was 1. Great memories and time to spend with family for sure!

Skyler and Katie said...

Jamie, I somehow ran across your blog. I don't know if you remember me, I was Halli's friend down here in Cedar. you have the cutest family, Your girls are absolutely beautiful.

shauni said...

Jamie, your girls are adorable! You have such a cute family, I am glad I came across your blog. I hope everything is going well for you guys.

Shauni Frost (Stewart)

Catherine said...

What a FUN, FUN, trip!!! I love all of your cute pictures! Rylee is such a doll! She looks so sweet in all the pictures. I love that she got to dance with Snow White. So Cute! You guys are such a cute family!

BenandLisaGrimm said...

I am so jealous. I love disneyland! It looks like so much fun. I bet you miss it already.