Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ultimate Vaca...

my DaD took mE, STEve, & my siBlings on a MEexican CRUISE, 5 DayS, NO KiDs
...need I say more???

Okay, so most of you who know me know- my kids are my favorite thing in this world! I love being a mom more than life itself! Now, having said this, over the past little while- with 2 crazy kids & all Steves dang traveling- I have come to the harsh realization that as much as I LOVE being a mom, it is not ALWAYS as fun and easy as i'd like (not quite the same as when I nannied and got to leave them at the end of the day, and the disciplining was NOT a factor, nor was my messy house)...
Well, I have to admit that as heart broken as I was to leave our girls behind for the first time EVER, thinking that no one in this world could
possibly take care of them the way that I do, it was AWESOME!!! I'm pretty sure that my mother-in-law is my new hero, and i figure i've built up about another 2 1/2 years of patience, love & tolerance for my sweet little rugrats:)

I have to say, this pretty much sums up my entire week... seriously, does it get more relaxing than this?
Okay, we DID do a little Mexican Adventuring for 2 of the days...
In Cabo San Lucas, we went to LOVERS BEACH... WOW! I have been there before, but I do NOT remember it bein this SWEET! I actually SWAM in the Ocean- which i usually hate 'cuz you can't see what's lurking below you? But this water was clear & warm, I loved it. Then, on the other side of the little island (divorce beach) are these ROCKIN waves that crash down like thunder, & would kill you if you got trapped out there... they were beautiful though, and it was SO nice to lay on that beach in the shade with our books & listen to the crashing waves!
Here is me & My bro Shane chasing these 20 foot swells- the picture doesn't do the height justice, but it was a seriouse adrenaline rush:

Then there is the lovely ENSENADA... where I thought being hassled by the shop owners & being pressured into buying chicklets was the ONLY thing to do there!
Well, aparently there is a tour you can take to one of the few BLOW HOLES in the world? It was BEAUTIFUL there. Such a pretty place, with way yummy food & great shopping!

Here we all are, just shopping & bartering away:

Of course the Days at sea were spent enjoying all the classic luxuries of a CRUISE... the killer ice sculptures, the fancy random sea creatures that are beautifully presented on your dinner plate, and of course the towel animals that grace your room every night:)





And all the while, our girls were having the TIME of their LIVES, getting 100% love and attention from grandma & grandpa Smith!!! Thank heavens for THEM:)
When we got home, Rylee was excited to see us & Milly was weirded out for a few hours. BEST of ALL- not only did they love/appreciate us again, but RYlee learned how to SLEEP IN HER OWN BED (after 2 years of sleeping in OURS) & almost got rid of her BINKI, and Milly learned to drink MILK! So... if you want your childrens habbits to be broken, send them to Grandma's for the Week!

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

Thanks for the update! That cruise looks awesome! I bet you didn't have much fun without me but I am glad you could make the most of it :)

Oh PS tell Becky that we will be in Utah Dec 20-28 and Creed needs to learn to sleep through the night, sleep in his own crib, and be potty trained :)

Chad and Tenaya said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. It is nice to have a trip with your husband for change. Thanks for today we had so much fun!

Catherine said...

That looks like so much fun!!! What a fun place to go and how great to not have to worry about your little ones. The pictures are beautiful!
I love the Welcome Home poster - so cute!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

LOOKS like a blast! You ericksen's know how to have a good time! We plan on doing that cruise in Dec. Can't wait!

The Browns said...

I so need to go on a cruise. Those pictures are beautiful. What a fun place to go.

Chris & Missy said...

Jamie Jo,

I am so glad that you guys had a fun time. We went to the Mexican Rivera two years ago and loved it! I think that sometimes you do need a get-a-way from the kiddies so you can remember why you married your husband!

Let's get together soon.

mccall said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that FUN RELAXING get-a-way! That's wonderful! Looks like you guys had a blast!