Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Memory Of..

Happy Birthday to My big Brother Brett Ericksen!

This week was Brett's birthday, and the 2 year anniversary of his passing:(
At this hard time of year, I thought i'd post some photo's of Brett to bring back a few memories.
These photos are all from the memory card I found of his, which had over a thousand pictures from the last few years of his life. There was a lot to be said of the pictures stored on there. It was fun to go through them, as it showed the many aspects of his fun, adventurous, hard working, family oriented life:)


His Entrepreneurial side... The famous Milk truck, and some real estate property, probably some type of deal he had with CHINA? (ya, not just with someone in China, but "with CHINA"... ha ha ha)

Olympic Bobsleder! Wow- talk about living the dream:

Brett in his big Acting Debut in the LDS film of "Joseph Smith, The Prophet"...

Brett's legs were 'tarred & feathered' and were used as Joseph Smith's strong- buff legs in the movie.
But Yes,
as an extra, he WAS accused of "over-acting" when he "chopped the hell out that log"! And when he zoomed across the background scenery, pushing a wheelbarrow! But like Brett said, "hey, they were hard workers back then"! ha ha. And Yes, when it was pouring rain out side, Brett grabbed a crooked stick and a shawl, limped his way over to the lead actors camper, knocked on the door and said (with a weak cough & an accent) "pardon me, sir.. is there room for one more?" ha ha ha!


...Brett was best friends with more famous people & hot supermodels, knew more celebrities, and had more random hook ups than you'd ever imagine! What's this- Brett eating dinner with Rulon Gardner?


ha ha ha... This is Brett at the Fiesta Bowl! Hundreds of random strangers have a picture of him in this costume:


Me & My Bro, Fishin in Alaska:



Steve & Brett, Buddies!

Brett threw Steve a Surprise TOGA Birthday party on our cruise:


Anderson Christmas Nativity... Is this a WISEMAN on his Cell Phone?

Brett Loved to be with the Family! He didn't care what we were doing, he just wanted to be there:)
what a great uncle!

He loved his neices and nephews more than anything...

I am greatful he was able to know my Rylee Jo for 10 months, however, it makes me sad at times to think he's missing out on seeing my girls grow. I have to keep reminding myself that not only is he able to watch them grow up, but he is able to watch over them and protect them:) He has an even better view now! And he gets to play with all the other little angels that will someday join our family, right?!

Brett may be the most SUPPORTIVE guy I have ever known. He wanted to be there for everything. I remember in highschool, him & his buddy Nic drove up from Snow College to surprise me & watch me run in my State track meet. That meant the world to me, especially since I was known by the entire school as "little Brett", who was a legend there:)...

Brett flew to many of Steve's football games...
here's Brett, part of "Steve's Fam Club" in Cal Poly!


Brett at my family Baby Shower:
(how many brothers go to those cheesy things!?)


When Rylee was born, he called me, in tears, because he wasn't told I was already in the hospital having her right then, and he wanted to be there so bad.
So, he made a special trip to come down to Cedar just to see his baby sisters baby & stay the weekend with us!



Brett was one of the only ones to make the long trip to come to Rylee Jo's baby blessing. Man, what a good looking guy:

He also came and stayed with us for our graduation!
What a wonderful, supportive uncle and brother he was!



~Well Brett, you did more in your 28 years than most people do in their entire lifetime. You took every opportunity to be there for and with your family and friends. I will never stop missing you. I am grateful for the time I was blessed to have you in my life. I know I will see you again. And I know you'll be watching over us 'till then!
Happy Birthday Bretty, I love you:)


18 comments:

The Johnson Fam said...

Jamie-It is midnight and I just clicked on your blog link and I was so happy to see Brett's face and then the tears came. I have been thinking about Brett more often than usual these last couple of weeks and there are no words that could adequtely describe how wonderful Brett is. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to call Brett a friend and I had so much respect and admiration for him. He is never far from my thoughts. It is hard to believe that it has been two years already, but I guess each day is one step closer to seeing him again. Brett always talked about his sisters with great pride and it is evident he loved his nieces and nephews, Im sure it is hard not having him around as they get older. I know without a doubt that he lives with those beautiful kids each and every day and I am sure he knew your little baby before she came here. He is probably teaching future ones how to play some sort of sport in heaven now. I hope that your family will continue to feel all the love and prayers in your behalf this hard time of year. I thank you for sharing your brother and his legacy with me. I love him and miss him terribly. Happy Birthday friend.

Becky said...

Dear Jamie, Steven, Ry Ry and Millie,
What a fun, happy, adventurous and loving brother and uncle you have. We will be thinking about Brett as our "other" Brett finishes a Mission for both of them.
We miss Brett Kendal, especially at Thanksgiving!
Love,
Becky

The Obergs said...

oh Jamie, I just read your post and wanted you to know how sweet I thought it was. I didn't know Brett on real deep level, but I of course knew OF Brett...EVERYONE knew Brett Erickson. What a magnetic personality he had. I'm sure this time of year is very difficult for you and your family, and I just wanted you to know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

P.S. My mom was telling me about a lady who sells the cutest hats and headbands, so I looked at her website and who did I see??? Rylee and Millie! Your girls are adorable, I hope my baby can rock the hats as well as your girls do. :)

Erin Taylor said...

i love you jamie

Katy said...

What an sweet and touching post to remember Brett. I bet you were so thrilled that you found all those pictures on his memory card! What an all around great guy and loving brother and uncle he was. We love you James!!
Love,
Scott, Katy, Anna, Abby and Eliza

The Shaws said...

I'm crying!! Great post Jamie! He was such a great person and I am so lucky to have known him. Love you Jamie

Amy said...

What a wonderful tribute to your brother. I went to school with Brett, and yes everyone knew Brett. He had the personality to just be liked by everyone. I am so glad you shared these pictures and the memories of your brother and he is truly a great guy. I am sure it is hard not having him around, but at least you have the knowledge that you will see him again. Thanks again for sharing this post.

My three sons said...

Jamie! You are the cutest, sweetest sister ever and I loved hearing all your memories of the best dude ever. Ive never heard those Joseph Smith movie stories and I was crying and laughing so hard and my boys were like look mom! Uncle Brett!! We all love you guys so much and we know how hard January can be now. Nic and I started a new tradition-we are going by Chinese New Year to try to shake off the sadness that January seems to be steeped in now. No more starting off a new year so sad! We miss Brett so much and I know that he is watching us and protecting us and telling inappropriate jokes to former popes and presidents and opting to wear an angel loin cloth with a cape instead of his angel robes! I hope you know how much we love and appreciate you and Steve and for being there for both of us when our sanity wears thin. I hope we are able to return the favor someday...wait...I don't hope your sanity will also wear thin! I just hope you know you can always turn to us if you need absolutely anything! Kiss your girls for us!

Sher said...

What a wonderful tribute to Brett. When I went to his funeral, I was amazed at all he had done. He definitely was an amazing person and lived a full life.

Tauna said...

Yeah- I'm sure I shocked you with My post of Matthew's baptism- sorry about that. I was just so excited i finally found it that I had to post it!

this is such a neat post dedicated to Brett. Tears filled my eyes. What a ham he was- and such a fun brother. I know you miss him- and I know he misses you too.

THE WOODWORTHS said...

Wow Jamie, that brought tears to my eyes. I remember Brett from high school, I mean who didn't:)charismatic, fun... I can't imagine what you and your family have had to go through. I will keep him, and your family in my prayers. Love you

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

We miss him too. He was larger than life. His smile is so contagious. I found myself smiling just looking at his pictures.

Catherine said...

What a sweet tribute to such a wonderful brother. How difficult it must be to be without someone so special. I think a lot of Brett's wonderful qualitites rubbed off on his baby sister! We love you!!!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, we miss him so much. What an amazing guy. We love you all and are amazed by your constant strength. Miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie, I love your memories and pictures of Brett. He was bigger than life and lived each day to the fullest. One of my favorite memories of him is how much he loved little children. He loved to pack them around on his shoulders. He is truly missed. We loved seeing you, Steve, kids and Aunt Laurie at Jillians wedding. We've got some great video and pictures of your family. Have a wonderful day and thanks again for your blog on Brett. Thanks Aunt Kathy

Laura said...

Hi sweetheart,

Thanks for putting these pictures of Brett up. His picture of Christ still hangs in our kitchen. But nothing physical will ever replace the way he moved into my heart.

Laura

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Now I'm crying!! I love you Brett and miss your big smiles, hugs, and great humor! I know you are watching over us :) Great pictures, and stories that capture Brett perfectly. Thanks for sharing! What an amazing person!!

The Burgess Family said...

WEll, you got me in tears Jamie, but i am smiling. Thinking of Brett makes me happy. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to get another of his big, strong hugs. I am grateful that you are so much like him. I love you Jamaca!