We felt one with nature as we harvested the apricots from our tree.
Step 1. Picking the apricots
Step 2. Washing and pitting the apricots
We had quite the fun little group of helpers!
Milly & Sophi were hard little workers when it came to pitting the apricots!
Sophi would not back down- she worked till the job was done:
Step 3. DOinG SoMethINg with the apricots...
*Homemade Fruit Leather:
Puree them, and pour them on a black garbage bag to dry out in the sun (& we covered ours to keep the bugs out)
*We thought we'd get creative & hang dry some Apricots:
*Or just make some Apricot Jam?!
To sum it all up, this Apricot Adventure with our kids all sounded real fun, but by the end, it really ended up being the PITS...
THE END!!!
11 comments:
Ok, the apricot and the bum are just too cute to be true!
We've been harvesting some apricots off of the wild tree on the side of our house and Taylor made some awesome apricot nectar. I hear ya, so much work and I wasn't even the one who did it (aside from scrubbing my kitchen when it was done).
P.S. Did you know that you can dry the pits and eat the insides? I had no idea...
I love that post!!! Love the bum picture...too funny! Way to be domestic! :)
Your girls are waaaaaaaaaay to cute!!! We can't wait for the AnderFUN camp 2009 to hang out with everyone.
I am amazed at all of the things you get done! Love the bum and apricot picture, I will never look at apricots the same!
You guys are hard workers! Love, Love, Love that cute little bum!
I Love the Beach Picture Too! Looks Great!
Man there is never a dull moment at your house! HOW FUN! ...and I think that bum shot next to the the apricot it the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Oh - and Jed thanks you - cause now I'm begging for an apricot tree!
What a cute post. Seriously that is a boatload of apricots. The fruit leather looks so good. I totally remember your mom making that when we were little. So yummy! Can't wait to see you in a week!!!!
HOLY COW...You guys had so many apricots. I bet that took alot of time and I am sure you drained, but it looks like you had fun doing it.
I love the little bootie picture with the apricot...that is priceless.
So cool. This gets me really excited for our grape harvest in a few weeks! How did the fruit leather turn out? I've always wanted to try that with my nectarines and rasperries.
Post a Comment